Customer Experience is the new buzz word for an old concept – customer satisfaction.
Who is a customer?
A customer is a person of a specified kind with whom one has to deal. We deal with people every day and in a business sense, our brand is our livelihood. How well is your brand perceived by your customer? What impression do you leave with your customer by those that represent your brand?
- When a customer is unhappy, there is a 91% chance they won’t do business with a company again
- Typically, dissatisfied customers tell 9-15 other people about their experience – sometimes as many as 20 or more. These 9-15 people relate this to a similar amount of people and so on….
- A negative customer review is the reason 86% of consumers quit doing business with a company
- Good customer experience leads 42% of consumers to purchase again
- Few customers who have had a good experience tell anyone about it
- It takes approximately 40 good reviews to undo one bad review.
In the world of recruiting or talent acquisition, your customers’ experience is crucial to success. Candidates are future clients and clients are future candidates, so it is incredibly short sighted to ignore or forget that fact.
In recent times with so many challenges due to the repercussions of Covid, I’ve had occasion to hear some really awful stories about how candidates have been treated. I’ve heard these stories from Senior people who have been displaced by circumstances and who have seldom if ever had to go to market looking for a new role. They don’t realize it is a full-time job finding a full-time job.
When someone take the time to respond to an ad or approach, is interviewed once or several times it is important to treat them with respect and dignity. This means timely scheduling of meetings and feedback explaining either next steps or the reasons there won’t be one. Deadly silence is not only disrespectful it gives the distinct impression that the candidate’s time is not valuable. This behaviour leaves a lasting impression not only of the company, but the culture, people and ethos and they will tell everyone they know how they were treated.
Want a better customer experience? I can help your brand be it client or candidate side.